Mediterranean Wild Ride Salad
Here’s another addition to my Superfood Salads collection. These recipes are nutrient-dense, easy to make, and keep well for up to 4 days. I choose one of these salads every Sunday and make a big batch to use for lunches and side dishes. Wild rice is the superfood in this recipe; it’s low in fat and contains more protein, fiber, and iron than brown rice. Add in fresh veggies, feta and nuts and you have a complete meal ready to go.
MEDITERRANEAN WILD RICE SALAD
(gluten free + dairy free)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
INGREDIENTS: Use organic whenever possible
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 3 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (raw + organic)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt + pepper to taste
Rinse the rice in cold water. Boil 8 cups of water. Add rice and return to a boil. Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes or until desired tenderness.
While rice is cooking chop the veggies and prepare the dressing. Once rice is done, add the veggies, herbs, feta, nuts + dressing and mix well.
Serve warm immediately or store in the refrigerator in a glass container for up to 4 days.
Check out more Superfood Salads on my Pinterest board.